View Profile acid-burn

25 Movie Reviews

A neat little thing.
The animation is nice. I appreciate the detail in how the various creatures move. The cult leader moves in little jerks like a bird, the tower one turns his head sideways to look through the periscope, etc.
The colour composition is also very nice and compliments the atmosphere very well, which is one of those things you often don't notice when it's done right because it blends in so naturally, but I can see a lot of work went into that.
I like the intro/outro music, it creates a harsh sort-of "dog eat dog" atmosphere, although the animation itself has a slightly more whimsical and silly tone than I feel the music implies. The background music feels very fitting, doesn't stand out too much but helps convey the tone of the scene, apart from the stork (?) eating scene.
As others have mentioned, the stork (?) eating scene stands out a bit with how abrupt it is and how out of place the music feels. It's obvious you were pressed for time, but for what it's worth I think you did alright with what you had. Other minor things would be that in some shots some things don't move at all, which feels like an oversight, and the tree trunk transition is a bit jarring due to the brightness gradient being weird, I think you left some extra frames in there.

All in all, solid effort. Did it do well in your assignment?

real modern art

Of all the things I could say, I think "trying too hard" is the most fitting and best delivers the message. This sort of, eh, "random" disjointed style of writing has been getting more popular for a number of years now (maybe because it requires low effort? Idk) and frankly I think it should have run it's course and died a while ago.
The animation (some of it at least) was pretty decent. I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential, I mean you can clearly animate, my question is why didn't you use your apparent skills to make something coherent?
Idunno, maybe I'm being too harsh, some of it was decent I guess. I'm guessing this accounts for a lot of practice, as the song says, everybody's got to learn.

sweetcommando responds:

Yea. I know what you're talking about. Writing is as pain and animating is a pain but I can get through one of those things without worrying too much. eh

2 Game Reviews

great game but...

...why oh god why would you not include a pause button? why?!!!
but otherwise it's good. challenging, can even get a bit frustrating at times.

i dont like it

the steerings are shit, no handling, when u fail the game is designed to get you frustrated, i dont have the patients for this crap!
just my opinion though nothing ill meant by this, good game though, just the handling is junk.

3 Audio Reviews

Lyfta*uPP

For some reason I want to call it Groovy...

The-Cockenator responds:

haha its a ringitone really :D

Dude, this is really good, I really like this, I'm gonna download it.
The only thing I can find "wrong" with it, is that it's kind of repetitive, could use a little variation, otherwise this is golden man.

Jeepis responds:

That's because it's supposed to have vocals. Any song sounds kind of repetitive if you take off the vocals.

152 Art Reviews

His mouth looks like labia.
I get the feeling you're not looking for in-depth criticism on this, so I'll give you an inspirational quote instead:
Never let go of your dreams, or your dreams will also gaze into thee.
You're welcome.

Nice, now his skin matches his clothes. If only he hadn't ruined it by getting blood all over it. Goddamn bratty kids. Pretty good.

dommi-fresh responds:

he is a messy pup.

Doin' the Rusty Trombone are we?

I AM THE OCCUPANT, GREAT AND MIGHTY. BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID.

24, Male